Wednesday, March 23, 2016

#51 Butterflies + M is for Margins and/or Mint

Welcome back to my Butterfly Challenge.

Winners results for #50  are in the post below.

Thankyou all so much for playing along. 


We have started a brand new set of letters and themes.
I've introduced  a new mix into the challenge too!!

 Each challenge will be a different letter of the Alphabet.
It will always be Butterflies  with the addition
of an item/theme beginning with a chosen letter.
Along with this letter will be a corresponding  colour.

You may choose to use just the letter /theme + butterfly
or use the colour + butterfly.
If you make your project 
using both the letter and the colour + butterfly
you will be eligible for going into a second draw to win 
an additional prize.
So that's 2 chances to win  on each challenge.  

 My Guest Designers
will choose which letter goes next and I will supply the theme.

They will also be commenting on your entries.  

I'm  delighted to introduce you  to my next Guest Designer

Please Welcome
Dr Sonia
(Winner #46)


About myself...I am an ENT Surgeon and hobby crafter from India  and started blogging in 2010 to share cards and crafts made with my daughter. Blogging has been a very rewarding experience for me as I have made so many friends from around the world and this month I am thrilled to say I have a huge celebration on my blog Cards Crafts and Kids Projects as it recently crossed 5 million page views! Would love to invite the Butterfly Challenge readers over to join in the celebration giveaways and win prizes!


Sonia has chosen 

#51  Butterflies + M is for Margins
with the additional option of  M is for the colour Mint.


So I would like to see Margins on your project 
along with your Butterfly/ies of course.

Noun: Margins =the edge or border of something.
Verb: Provide with an edge or border.

If you would like to use the additional option
then here is a paint wheel to give you an idea of the colour. 



Sonia says
 I had a lot of fun using colors I normally wouldn't use! Mint certainly was fun! Created a simple card with 2 margins on my card and using mint colored cardstock, mint colored pattern paper, mint colored flower shaped buttons and butterflies heat embossed in gold and colored mint!



I think you'll agree that Sonia has done a fab job
Please visit  Sonia on her blog to see it in  detail.

Thank you  for being my Guest Designer
for #51

Please take your Guest Designer badge
from the side bar.


Here is my inspiration for you.

I have made two cards with very
different styling.


One above quite CAS
and this one  which I have called
Garden Chic.

 You can see more details over on my Blog

The Winner may choose one item from the following prizes.


Hessian goody bag
containing either

(A) Green bag.

(B) Pink Bag.


or 
$10 gift certificate from


Raspberry Road.


The additional prize available if
using both  Margins and the colour Mint
+ your butterfly
is 


Marianne Design Cratables
CR1354

Stack of Butterflies
Please be sure to read all the rules on the tab above
and enter your creations in 
Mr Linky below.
Happy crafting .
See you soon.
ValeryAnne.

33 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Thank you so much Mrs A for having me as your Guest DT. I love your butterfly Challenges and you have such fabulous prizes for the participants!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Sathya said...

Fabulous card, Doc :) Love this monochromatic themed card!

brenda said...

It's lovely to see Sonia here this month, thanks for asking here.

I probably seem a tad eager this time round but I just happen to have one that fits the bill perfectly.

B x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Dr Sonia is soooo talented and her card for the challenge inspiration looks wonderful! Fabulous also the two cards from you, Mrs A, the look so different but are both adorable!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Thank you so much for the support sathya...you are a darling

Dr Sonia S V said...

YOur card is so lovely Brenda!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Thank you so much for the kind words Alice

Cara said...

Some fabulous inspiration there from fabulous designers! I was thrilled to read that I was a top three pick, wow, there was some stunning competition and the other winners are so deserving of their wins. Cara x

Di said...

Wonderful cards by yourself and Sonia Mrs A! I just made my card for this great challenge, will link it next week as I have a few posts already scheduled!

Hugs

Di xx

Erika said...

Great card Sonia, love all the layering and detail, great colours too.
Happy crafting, hugs Erika. x

Jane Willis said...

So lovely to see Dr Sonia as guest designer. Fab cards from both of you
Jane

Dr Sonia S V said...

Thank you so much Jane

Cathy said...

Hi Mrs. A, thank you for the reminder to pop over! I'll be back shortly with another entry to..I'm on a roll lol! Cathy x

Lindsey said...

Lovely inspiration from Sonia. Lovely cards Mrs A and both so very different in style! X

samantha wade said...

Fabulous cards again this month.x

Seemaa said...

not able to upload

Sharon said...

Not able to upload....

Sharon said...

Tried again, and it went through OK this time! Looking forward to entering more of your challenges.

Donna said...

What a fun theme and exciting to see Dr. Sonia highlighted!

Jane said...

I have actually been able to join the fun for the first time....thanks for a great challenge x

Jane said...

I have actually been able to join the fun for the first time....thanks for a great challenge x

KandA said...

Gorgeous cards from you both and I like the M theme xx

Di said...

Linked in - and almost a week still to go as well :)

Hugs

Di xx

Karen Petitt said...

A fabulous and awesome challenge and wonderful inspirations too! So happy I made time to play along this time, I have missed it! Thanks for the fun challenge and for the beautiful inspirations Karen x

Lynn said...

A great challenge which had me putting my thinking cap on Mrs. A. I love your cards, particularly the one with the oriental look. Sonia's card is wonderful with all the layers.

Fiona said...

My first time playing along - I loved all the challenges you gave us to work with - don't know why my picture wasn't the right way up though :(

Suzana said...

Thank you for the challenge!
Have a fabulous week!

Lia said...

It took some time, but here is my card! I like Dr. Sonias challenge!
Lia xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
Congrats to Dr Sonia on her GD spot.
Her GD card is such a lovely inspiration, and she is such a very talented crafts person.
Even though her work must take up a lot of her time she still does such lovely tutorials on her blog.
Your cards are also such a great inspiration too.
I must admit I struggled with this one because of the colour, but then it all suddenly came into my thought process.
Thank you so much for all your hard work involved in this wonderful challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

a great combo challenge again Mrs A. love your cards too and Sonia's well done on running such a great challenge ..
mm, yes made this card twelve days ago finally maned to post it!! hopeless huh!
Thanks so much for the inspiration.
Shaz in Oz.x

{Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

JJ said...

Beautiful creations on here, I have entered though not sure if I meet the criteria but thought I would try as I love Butterflies.

Love & hUgs

Jacquie j xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

mamapez5 said...

It looks as though I wasn't the only one to like the colour choice this time. Needless to say I am only flying in at the last minute again, But there are lots of beautiful entries here, so I have a day to browse through them.

Pat said...

I think my entry is just a bit earlier than last time so am moving in the right direction..lol. I love both of your pretty cards Mrs A and I love the eastern feel of the first with the bamboo, and then the second with the pretty fountain which shows up so well on the green background. Great to have Dr Sonia's as GD this time and her card has lots of interest with the pretty butterflies and flowers and I love the doily she has used. I am just playing for fun please. x