Wednesday, January 13, 2016

#46 Butterflies + I is for Inks

Welcome back to my Butterfly Challenge.

Winners results for #45  are in the post below

Each challenge will  be a different letter of the Alphabet.
It will always be Butterflies but with the addition
of an item/theme beginning with a chosen letter.
The twist is that my Guest Designers
will choose which letter goes next and I will supply the theme.

They will also be commenting on your entries. 

Well we are down to the last 3 letters
in this current butterfly theme.
(#47 will be a double billing)
but for  today we have 

#46 Butterflies + I is for Inks.

So I would like to see coloured inking somewhere on your project.
ie. Stamped image inked using coloured inks, or an inked background or distress inks to colour your image.

I'm  delighted to introduce you  to my next Guest Designer

Please Welcome

Lia
(winner of  #41)


My name is Lia van Bruggen – Vreman and I am a crafter as long as I can remember and I love several kind of crafts like cardmaking, cross stitching and stitching embroideries on cards, drawing/painting, etc.
Several years ago I designed my own workshops in painting on fabric, glass, wood etc. and teached groups of crafters. That was big fun for more than 12 years.
Also since 20 years I am a textwriter for the editorial staff of several Dutch Craftmagazines (look at the sidebar of my blog) and sometimes I make cards and other crafts (also for kids) to be published.
It’s very nice work and often I see the new products before you can buy them in shops!
I love blogging and discovering ideas from other crafters, because everybody has her/his own style.
And I think you always can learn from each other!


Here is Lia's inspiration for you.


This is what Lia has to say about her card.
I stamped the background with the ‘I love Lace’ stamp from Stampin’Up! and used VersaMark ink.
Done that, I rubbed Distress Ink ‘Tea Dye ‘all over and used Vintage Photo on the edges.
I distressed the edges with a paper distresser.
The pink dies are from Marianne Design.
I hope, you like my card! I love different styles, and this time I made a vintage one.
Please be sure to visit Lia on her own blog to see and read
more details.

Thank you  for being my Guest Designer
for #46.

Please take your Guest Designer badge
from the side bar.

2 quick pictures of cards from me
for inspiration.


Using a stamp set by Imagination Crafts



Stamped using a range of Cardio Stamps.

You can read more details and see other 
photos on my blog post here.

The Winner may choose one item from the following prizes.

Hessian goody bag
containing either

A)  Gold/brown  selection 

or
(b)  Green  selection 



or 
$10 gift certificate from

Raspberry Road.


Please be sure to read all the rules on the tab above
and enter your creations in 
Mr Linky below.
Happy crafting .
See you soon.
ValeryAnne.

27 comments:

Lia said...

Good Morning ValeryAnn! How nice, seeing my card on your blog! It has been much fun being guestdesigner this time. Thank you for inviting me.
I love the cards you've made. Wish you success and lots of entrances to this challenge!
Lia xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wonderful card by Lia! Love so much this shabby look, very sweet and classy!
And I'm stunned by the wreaths in the second card of you, Mrs A.!!Such a fab work! Very inspiring!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Congrats to GD Lisa - your vintage card is beautiful! Mrs. A, your cards are gorgeous too! Great challenge theme and hope to play along again!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Sorry I meant Lia not Lisa!

Lesley said...

I haven't been able to take part for a while but this challenge caught my eye! xx

Jane Willis said...

Congratulations Lia - and what gorgeous cards you've both shown us!
jane

Carol L said...

Congratulations Lia, your card is simply stunning!
I'm playing just for fun, but thanks for the inspiration!

New Creations said...

Congrats Lia! Your card is too beautiful! Mrs Valery Ann, I Love both of your beautiful creations! Thanks for the fun challenge with a lovely theme!

Lou said...

Only just found your blog, and pleased that I did... I love butterflies! Hope you enjoy my project. Lou x

Mac Mable said...

Such a beautiful card from Lia. Love the colours, the layout and the overall look of the card, such talent. Thank you for the inspiration on all three cards x

KandA said...

Brilliant cards from both you and Lia xx

samantha wade said...

Hi, Thank-you for choosing my card as top3 this week.
Love Lia card so very pretty.
x Sam.

Granmargaret said...

Thank you for the challenge. Lovely cards by you and the guest designer.

Jane Willis said...

I'm back again with a second card, you can't get rid of me this week! I'm enjoying getting inky....
Jane

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A fabulous challenge with great inspiration and who can resist butterflies and ink? No me! :) x

Greta said...

Oh wow--the inspiration cards are amazing! Love all 3--very different & shows how all styles can be gorgeous! So glad I was finally able to play along in one of your butterfly challenges, Mrs A!

Barb said...

Beautiful inspirational cards from both you and Lia Mrs A. Thank you for this fun challenge. Barbxx

Veerle said...

I didn't have the time when I posted my card so came back now to leave some love. Great challenge Mrs.A i love getting inky LOL
Great inspiration cards and Lia's card is gorgeous.
Hugs, Veerle x

Julie B said...

Internet finally back on so can say thanks for the challenge, only just found it and I love butterflies. :)

Jane Willis said...

Oh I am loving this challenge - I don't think I've ever hit my three-entry limit before!
Jane

Lynn said...

Wonderful cards ladies. I am so glad I have managed to join in this time around. I have missed a few challenges. Lynn x

Lindsey said...

Thank you for the easier challenge this time! Didnt have to think about this one so long! X

Valentina B said...

Hello. I just found your blog. This challenge with letters is awesome. :) And inspiration vintage card is amazing.

Di said...

Phew, good job you reminded me to link in! I did have such fun making my entry - and the DT cards plus all the other entries to date are fab! Busy in 'ere innit :)

Hugs

Di xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Oh my heck! I finally got a card made before the challenge ended! Okay, I made one last time too but at the last minute I changed my butterfly from yellow to something else... whoops!

Janis said...

It's been awhile since I visited. So glad to be able to participate this time!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
well I have just made this one with the skin of my teeth.
Got my skates on this morning and made this.
Wonderful examples from yourself and your guest Designer.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.