Wednesday, December 30, 2015

#45 Butterflies + X is for Xanthine.

Welcome back to my Butterfly Challenge.

Winners results for #44  are in the post below

Each challenge will  be a different letter of the Alphabet.
It will always be Butterflies but with the addition
of an item/theme beginning with a chosen letter.
The twist is that my Guest Designers
will choose which letter goes next and I will supply the theme.

They will also be commenting on your entries. 

Well the dreaded letter X has finally arrived 

#45 Butterflies + X is for Xanthine.

but before this has you all  fleeing for the hills
let me explain!!!

Xanthine =  The yellow colouring matter found in certain plants as in Yellow Madder.
(Madder is from the Genus Rubia and has small yellow flowers, whorled leaves and a reddish brown root.)
 
So I would like to see Yellow Butterfly/s  and  also a splash of Yellow on your project somewhere.  Where and how you put the yellow is entirely up to you.  (i.e ribbon, gems, paper  etc.)
 
See told you it was  Simples!!


I'm  delighted to introduce you  to my next Guest Designer

Please Welcome

Amanda
(winner of  #40)




I'm Amanda.
I live in Derbyshire with my fiancé Andrew,  3 dogs, 5 cats and 5 chickens. I work part time in food retail, so I am at home quite a lot - looking after all the animals!
I love to craft - cards, digital projects, atc's, altered frames, hand embroidery, pom-pomming. If I'm not crafting I'm reading (proper books, not one of those e-reader thingymebobs) or baking.
Kind of an old fashioned gal, that's me.
I have a blog where I post my makes and other bits & bobs: purplemurtlemakes.blogspot.co.uk
Looking forward to seeing all your takes on the letter X.
Amanda xx

I can't wait any longer to show what 
Amanda brought along  with her.
Well actually she didn't as she has sent it to me!!

Amanda made this Journal Book especially for me.
 It arrived on Christmas Eve and has to be just  about 
the best unexpected Christmas Present I have ever received.
Thankyou so much Amanda Xxxxxx

I love every single  page.
These are just a few to share with you.

The front cover.

There are several pages with tags.

Old postcards. This one is dated  01/10/1926
Sent to Freda from Gladys.
(I wonder who they were!)

Lots of the pages had punched out butterflies.

The very last page that says
Hand Crafted with Love.
It certainly was.
Thankyou
Amanda.

Please pop over to Amanda's blog to see more detailing.

Thank you  for being my Guest Designer
for #45.

Please take your Guest Designer badge
from the side bar.

2 quick pictures of cards from me
for inspiration.


Criss Cross Fold Card.

Z fold Card.

You can read more details and see other 
photos on my blog post here.

The Winner may choose one item from the following prizes.

Hessian goody bag
containing either

A)  Blue  selection 


or
(b)  Red selection 


or 
$10 gift certificate from

D A I S I E company


Please be sure to read all the rules on the tab above
and enter your creations in 
Mr Linky below.
Happy crafting .
See you soon.
ValeryAnne.

19 comments:

Liz said...

What a fabulous, unexpected present! Love your cards too, Mrs A. - very clever idea for 'X' for this challenge. xx

mamapez5 said...

What a wonderful present. The book is beautiful and I love your cards too. So bright and cheerful. We don't use yellow often enough. I must try to get back into the swing of crafting and make a card this time. Kate x

AlisonC said...

Wow what an amazing journal and a wonderful present. All the yellow looks so cheerful on this dark day. I particularly like the zig zag card and all the butterflies on the other one are so lovely too.

Veerle said...

Gorgeous present you got Mrs.A
I've been under the weather for quite a long time still not a 100% but I will join in again. Looking foreward to create something and I already have something in mind. ;-)
Hugs, Veerle x

KT Fit Kitty said...

Much easier than it sounds! Congrats to your GD! The sample projects look amazing! I hope I can play this time!

Aquarius said...

Great inspiration and clever use of the letter X. Yellow certainly brightens up these dull days.

Swissie said...

Happy new year to you!
Great projects and wonderful prizes.
Greetings from Switzerland,
Swissie

brenda said...

How lovely to receive such an unexpected gift. Lovely inspiration as well. Happy New Year.

B x

Jane Willis said...

What a wonderful gift, I'm sure you will always treasure it! Happy New year
Jane

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

You have received really a fabulous present!! It's gorgous!
Love your two cards, sweet makes and their foldings are very beautiful!

Joan said...

Lovely Design team cards, I'm not sure my card has linked up but I will be back to check later

Gail said...

My first time playing along - love butterflies - great projects from the DT.

AlisonC said...

PS. I've added a picture of my quilt as you probably weren't getting anywhere moving the folders!

Di said...

Phew - made it! Wonderful work in your post - and so many gorgeous entries too - I feel a bit of a fraud really :)

Hugs

Di xx

Kimbo said...

Happy New year Mrs A. What a fabulous present to receive, certainly looks like a lot of work and love went into it. A great challenge and some lovely inspiration x

Granmargaret said...

Thank you for the challenge. Lovely journal and inspiration cards.
Happy New Year.

Veerle said...

Hi Mrs B
Pjew I just made in time. Have been so extremely bussy. But I absolutely wanted to join in. Glad I made it.
Hugs, Veerle
BTW great sample cards x

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
not sure if this exactly fits this challenge but if it doesn't feel free to delete it if necessary.
Wonderful examples of this challenge from you and your very great gust designer.
Thank you for all your hard work involved in this fab challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Sandy said...

Coming in just under the wire...
Amanda's project looks wonderful. It would be fun to be able to page through it in person.