Wednesday, September 23, 2015

#39 Butterflies + K is for Knots.



Welcome back to my Butterfly Challenge.

Winners results for #38  are in the post below

Each challenge will  be a different letter of the Alphabet.
It will always be Butterflies but with the addition
of an item/theme beginning with a chosen letter.
The twist is that my Guest Designers
will choose which letter goes next and I will supply the theme.

They will also be commenting on your entries. 

Only 6 letters left  now and  X ,Z
are still  amongst them but they really don't bite!

Please give a warm welcome to my next Guest Designer.

A return visit from Kath  (winner of #36)





Kath says
I've always enjoyed crafting and started knitting and sewing clothes for my dolls when I was young.  Since then I've also done crewel and cross stitch embroidery, woodwork, flower arranging, cake decorating and sugarcraft, and tried a few other things along the way!

A few years ago my husband gave me a gift voucher for my birthday so I could attend a local cardmaking class – he always jokes that it’s been the most expensive birthday present he has ever given me!  I started my blog to get feedback on projects for my Certificate 
in Papercrafts and now use it for entering blog challenges.  My favourite style is CAS, although I enjoy trying different styles and techniques to get out of my comfort zone.


Kath has chosen the following letter for you. 

#39 Butterflies + K  is for knots

So any medium to make your knot is acceptable.  (ribbon, lace, cord, rope, twine etc)
along with the required Butterfly/s of course.

Here is Kath's  card for you.



I love the patchwork design kath has created and those 
2 ribbon knots placed at different angles.
Can't wait to pop over to her blog and find out which
design papers were used. 

Thank you Kath  for being my Guest Designer
for #39.

Please take your Guest Designer badge
from the side bar.

Here is my  Inspiration card.

A butterfly kite
 with knots tied in the string tail.
More info and pictures are on my blog.



The Winner may choose one item from the following prizes.

Hessian goody bag
containing either


(A)   Blue selection 

or
(b) Pink selection 



or 
$10 gift certificate from
Doodle Pantry

Please be sure to read all the rules on the tab above
and enter your creations in 
Mr Linky below.
Happy crafting .
See you soon.
ValeryAnne.

12 comments:

Tina Z. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tina Z. said...

wow, both inspration cards are stunning! I love patchwork and this kite is an amazing idea ...

KT Fit Kitty said...

Is it just me or are these challenges getting harder?! I thought arches and yarn were tough! Congrats to Kath on her GD spot and to both of you on your beautiful inspiration samples!

Liz said...

Two gorgeous cards. Thanks for the inspiration. xx

terrie said...

Congrats to the winners...
Both inspiration cards are fantastic...well done ladies

Jane Willis said...

Gorgeous inspiration cards from both of you! Sorry I was away and had to miss out on the yarn challenge, but to make up for it I've used the fabric paper that I won here on my card this week
jane

Theresa's Studio said...

Love both of the inspiration cards. Great challenge.

Di said...

Yay - I managed this time! Sorry to have missed one or two previously - but I'm still watching yer, and also keepin' an eye on them conkers!!

Hugs

Di xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
Congrats to Kath on her GD spot.
Her card and yours are wonderful examples fro us to follow.
They are both so very lovely designs, and wonderful use of colours too.
Thank you for all your hard work involved in this great challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

KandA said...

Fabulous cards from you and Kath. Not sure if I'm allowed to play this time as my knot is part of a bow! xx

Fikreta said...


very nice dt cards

Amanda said...

beautiful cards, great challenge this time