Wednesday, September 09, 2015

#38 Butterflies + Y is for Yarn


Welcome back to my Butterfly Challenge.

Winners results for #37  are in the post below

Each challenge will  be a different letter of the Alphabet.
It will always be Butterflies but with the addition
of an item/theme beginning with a chosen letter.
The twist is that my Guest Designers
will choose which letter goes next and I will supply the theme.

They will also be commenting on your entries. 

We are down to the last 8 letters now and  UXZ
are still  amongst them but I have
 some great themes picked out for those  letters!!

Please give a warm welcome to my next Guest Designer.
Kathy Jo
( Winner of #35)

'Saint Bernard Butterfly'

Hello Crafters!  Kathy Jo here from I'm a Little Teapot .  It is an honor to be a Guest Designer for the Butterfly Challenge.  Thank you, ValeryAnne!

Interesting that this challenge is "Butterfly + yarn or embroidery thread" because in a previous crafty life I was a knitter.  Next I went on to jewelry making and for several years now it has been papercrafting.  Oh yes, I am very happy with this crafting medium as I love playing with paper!  Paper crafting is wonderful, creative, and relaxing.  I can get lost in the craft room for hours.  

My dear hubby, Greg, is my biggest paper crafting cheerleader.  He probably knows way too much about paper crafting and paper products.  LOL  While in my craft room one of my three adorable kitties (Ginger, Pepper and Nico) or my Saint Bernard (Ella) pop in to check on my crafting progress.

I am fortunate to live in Nova Scotia- not only because it is beautiful but also due to the unbelievable amount of talented and super nice paper crafters in the province.  My closest friends are amazing, inspirational paper crafters.  

Thanks again to ValeryAnne!  Big Hugs to you all and I look forward to seeing your Butterfly + Yarn/Embroidery Thread project.

Kathy Jo has chosen the following letter for you. 

#38 Butterflies + Y is for Yarn

I would like to see yarn i.e. Wool or Embroidery Thread incorporated somewhere on your project along with a butterfly/s

Here is Kathy Jo's card for you.

What a stunner!
That colour combination is just perfect.
Can't wait to  see how this was created.
You can find more information on Kathy Jo's blog.

Thank you Kathy Jo  for being my Guest Designer
for #38.

Please take your Guest Designer badge
from the side bar.

Here is my inspiration for you.
I have used embroidery thread 
to create a cobweb on my card.
We used to make loads of these 
when we were kids.

Full details can be found here on my blog.

The Winner may choose one item from the following prizes.


Hessian goody bag
containing either


(A)   Silver/White selection 

or
(b) Yellow/Orange selection 

or 
$10 gift certificate from
Raspberry Road Designs


Please be sure to read all the rules on the tab above
and enter your creations in 
Mr Linky below.
Happy crafting .
See you soon.
ValeryAnne.

17 comments:

brenda said...

Beautiful inspiration and love the new theme.

And love that photo, not only the butterfly but the lovely St Bernard's, we lost Bernie, rescued by one of our sons from a National appeal, two weeks ago and he's left a very large hole in our family.

B x

KT Fit Kitty said...

Gorgeous cards and congratulations to Kathy Jo! Fun theme and again I'll have to think about it. The butterfly dog is adorable!

Pat said...

How cute the dog looks with that lovely large butterfly on his back and congratulatons to Kathy Jo. I love the pretty frame that Kathy Jo has used and the black with the yellow and pretty aqua colour is so pretty and the yarn in three pieces across the bottom of the card matches beautifully with the ribbon. Two sweet butterflies too. Your card is very pretty too Mrs. A with that embroidery thread corner and the pretty floral topper with the butterflies on. I did some of the card embroidery years ago but must resurrect the technique as it is really lovely. x

Craftychris said...

Two fabulous cards! Love the doggy butterfly too! Congratulations to Kathy Jo! xxx

Tina Z. said...

lovely cards and great challenge!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I love using yarn and fibers. I definitely need to get in on this challenge! But no St. Bernards though.

Valerie H. Marshall said...

Gorgeous guest design inspiration from Kathy Jo!
Loving all of the butterflies here!! <3

mamapez5 said...

Two lovely cards to inspire us. And I love the picture of St bernard Butterfly too!

Lidia R. said...

Beautiful blog and inspiration !!! Very happy to be here for the first time!!!

Amanda said...

lovely entries as usual xx Amanda

Annie said...

Thanks for leaving a lovely comment on my blog. I do appreciate it. I love your challenge - I have so many butterfly stamps - I really must find time to enter as it's such a great challenge. Fab cards and inspiration. Annie xxx

KandA said...

Gorgous cards from you both and another great theme Mrs A. I actually got mine made with a few days to spare xx

Liz said...

Congratulations to Kathy Jo. A beautiful card for inspiration, with a great sentiment. Love your card too, Mrs A. The lovely stitched corner is a great way to include yarn. xx

Suzana said...

Thank you for the challenge.
I love the posted projects.
They are very beautiful!

Karen Petitt said...

Thank you for the fun challenge and the gorgeous inspirations, so happy I made some time to play along today Karen x

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
congrats to your GD, and what a wonderful creation to inspire us.
Your one is fab too, and wonderful design.
Couldn't quite mange to embroider as I would have liked as it takes me so long now to thread a needle.
Thank you for all your hard work involved with this delightful challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Pat said...

Congratulations to the top three and winner and also those two extra picks. Some beautiful work here. x