Wednesday, July 29, 2015

#36 Butterflies + W is for Washi Tape.

Welcome back to my Butterfly Challenge.

This challenge will run for 4 weeks to cover the
Summer holidays for you all.
Their will be two winners chosen.

Winners results for #35  are in the post below.

Two of the winners from #34 failed to claim their prizes.
Please remember to check back to see the winners.
It might just be you!

Each challenge will  be a different letter of the Alphabet.
It will always be Butterflies but with the addition
of an item/theme beginning with a chosen letter.
The twist is that my Guest Designers
will choose which letter goes next and I will supply the theme.
They will also be commenting on your entries. 

We are down to the last 10 letters now and  UXYZ
are  still amongst them but don't be shy in choosing them
as I have some lovely/unusual themes picked out for those  letters!!


Please give a warm welcome  back to my  Guest Designer.

(Kitty)
(Winner of #32)


Kitty has chosen the following letter for you.


You may interpret  this theme in any way you like
 as long as  I can see washi tape somewhere 
plus your butterfly's on your project.


Hi, I’m Kitty and I am excited and honoured to be a Guest Designer at the Butterfly Challenge!  I live in Nova Scotia, Canada, and I just turned 50 last year. I am no longer able to work so I spend my time making cards!  I definitely craft on a budget!  I started my blog in June 2013, after being invited to join a design team. My card-making style would be considered “cute” and my favourite subjects are cats, mainly due to my three beautiful kitties, Honeydew, Kiwi, and Snowie. But there are no cats on my cards today – just butterflies – another favourite subject of mine!  In case you’re wondering how I chose my blog name, KT are my initials, Kitty is a nickname, and Fit Kitty is my user name on a fitness web site I used to frequent.  Since I was already set up with the name Fit Kitty on Google and Gmail, I decided to stick with it.  Thank you, Mrs. A, for inviting me to be your Guest Designer!  Wishing you and your followers a joyful day!

Here is Kitty's card for you. 


I think Kitty must be the queen of Washi Tape.
I'm sure she has a room full of it stashed away!


Please visit Kitty over on her blog for more details.
Thank you Kitty for being my Guest Designer
for #36.

Please take your Guest Designer badge
from the side bar.


Here is my Inspiration for you.


Washi Tape Flip Flops!
Full details are on  My blog.

The Winner may choose one item from the following prizes.


Hessian goody bag
containing either


(A)   Blue selection 


or
(b)  Yellow/Orange selection 


or 
$10 gift certificate from
DoodlePantry

Please be sure to read all the rules on the tab above
and enter your creations in 
Mr Linky below.
Happy crafting .
See you soon.
ValeryAnne.

33 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Many congratultaions to Kitty!! She is a very talented crafter, I'm so happy to see her as GD! Her card is a wonderful inspiration, she used always washi tapes so well!
I have also be very impressed by the marvellous flip-flop of Mrs.Ann, such a genial idea!!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ah congrats indeed to Kitty what a great selection of inspiration creations and also prizes, love washi which am slack tonsure so def. going to enter this ASAP, hugs Mrs A., I really love your challenge, even if am somewhat slack in joining in, hugs, Shaz inOz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Lindsey said...

Wow! Clever flip flops x

Veerle said...

Kitty's card is gorgeous and Mrs.A your flip flops are fab.
BUT oh dear, oh dear LOL
I DO have washi tape, never used. I like it on someone else's card but
i have no clue as to what to do with it. LOL
BUT I WILL go and have a try with it. Due to the summer break i have longer to think this through. This will be a true challenge for me but i love being challenged, after all that's what challenges are about no ? Okay i'll stop here and start up my brains to ponder over this. See you back, big hug Veerle xxx

terrie said...

Congrats Kitty my internet friend...so happy for you sending you a hug.
I just made a card almost like yours just the other day.
Mrs.A your flip flop turned out really nice.
Hoping to join in this month challenge.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Thank you, Mrs. A! I love being your guest designer! Your flip flops are so clever - what a fab way to use washi tape!

MaryH said...

WTGo Kitty! A beautiful card with all the lovely patterned Washi as a border and those gorgeously colored butterflies flitting around. Congrats on being GD once again, and TFS the Washi inspiration. Hugs

Liz said...

Congratulations to Kitty on her Guest Designer spot. A beautiful card and a great way to use washi tape. Love your flip flops, Mrs A. Such a fun project. Great challenge for 'W'. I've got several reels of washi tape and the only thing I've used it for is wrapping round the handle of our suitcases to make them easy to spot at the airport! Perhaps I could stick a butterfly on the handle too and upload a photo and use it for the challenge. LOL! I might actually get round to making something creative with the washi tapes now, as that's why I bought them! xx

Veerle said...

OMGosh, who would have thought that my card would be the first entry ?! I sure didn't LOL
It was a though one but i'm so glad i finally got to use that washi tape that was hanging around for ages. So thank you so much Mrs.A for this challenge and it was fun to do. Hugs Veerle x

Theresa's Studio said...

Great inspiration cards for a great challenge!

New Creations said...

Congrats Kitty as GDT! I am inspired by your lovely theme! And Mrs. A your flipflops are FABULOUS! What a beautiful way to use washi tape in flipflops, love it!

Andrea W said...

Thanks for the washi tape theme! I needed the push to dust mine off.

Aileen said...

I tried to add my card. Maybe it is too late. Added info then picked image to add then nothing. Maybe next time

KandA said...

Just popping by to see the challenge theme and my first reaction - HELP! I know for definite I've never owned any washi tape... guess I shall have to go shopping!! Super flip flops and a fabulous card from Kitty xx

Sandy said...

Just read the description of your project on your blog Mrs. A. The level of detail is very impressive.
I hardly ever use washi, so this was a good chance to use up some the small amount I own.

Sandy said...

Just read the description of your project on your blog Mrs. A. The level of detail is very impressive.
I hardly ever use washi, so this was a good chance to use up some the small amount I own.

Nessa's Crafty Place said...

fabulous theme Mrs A :) I have just added my card after spotting Di had entered her lovely Washi card(I blogged my card a few days ago-hope it is still ok to enter it today?
Hugs,Nessa xxx

Di said...

Great theme Mrs A! Had fun digging out the Washi tape and dustng the cobwebs off :-) love your flip flops and Kitty's card is gorgeous too.

Hugs

Di xx

Lynn said...

A great card from Kitty, and those flip-flops look super Mrs. A. Lynn x

Jane Willis said...

Judging by the posts I've visited and the comments people have made on my own post, a lot of us seem to be struggling with washi tape - it seems to be a real "Marmite" item, you either love it or hate it - or haven't a clue what to do with it! Thanks for a super challenge that is really making us all think and use stash that's been lying ther just waiting for us to use it!
jane

Veerle said...

Hi Mrs. A,
Me again. After my card i still wasn't washi convinced so here i have
another one for you and NOW i definitely am washi convinced.
Already bought some new rolls. LOL
Thx for everything.
Hugs Veerle

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
congrats to Kitty on her GD creation.
Her card is very lovely, and what gorgeous washi tape.
My yours is amazing sooooooooo! brilliant.
OOOOOOOOOO! I did struggle with this one as I didn't have any Washi Tape,
but good old supermarket came to the rescue.
Thank you for such a great challenge, and all your hard work involved with it.
Keeping my fingers crossed till Wednesday as I have never won this challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Craftychris said...

Kitty's card is beautiful and your flip flops are so cool! xxx

Barb said...

Congratulations Kitty on being Guest Designer. Your card is lovely and I'm off now to visit your blog. Mrs A what an inspirational way to use the washi tape - love those flip flops. It's my first entry into your challenge and so sorry to have caused problems linking up. Barbxx

Ruth Doman said...

This is the first time I have used washi tape and it took me three attempts at getting it right. Thank you for the challenge. Ruth x

Tina Z. said...

I've had just discovered your blog - totally impressed with all these butterflies :)))

mamapez5 said...

It is a good thing you gave us a full month for this one, or I´d never have made it! I love that music washi tape that Kitty has used, and her beautiful butterfly of course. Your flip-flops are fun. I would not have thought if that! I had to go and see how you made them. What a lot of work, but worth it in the end. Kate x

Darnell said...

Congrats to Kitty and thank you both for the inspiration! I'm just playing for fun and fun it is!! Hugs, Darnell

Sandy said...

Mrs. A, thanks for following up on my entry. I surely thought I'd entered 10 days ago, but there's definitely a thumbnail now.

Aileen said...

Hi Mrs A, thanks for letting me know my other entry was no good as I had no washi tape. I have now done another card. Wasn't sure if you wanted me to remove the other one or you just discount when deciding. Also thanks for visiting my blog

KandA said...

Just popped back with my "washi" tape card. If it's not allowed please delete xx

Eve said...

Hello Mrs A - so sorry that it has been a while since I fluttered by!!
Thank you for the inspiration - Wow!!....amazing!!
I'm just playing for fun thank you!
Eve xx

Jean said...

I am making a very late entry, I honestly didn't know that I had any tape until a few days ago when I found this forgotten stash item in the bottom of a drawer.Great inspiration from you and Kitty.
Jean x