Wednesday, April 08, 2015

#28 Butterflies + M is for Music notes.

Welcome back to my Butterfly Challenge.

Winners results for #27 are in the post below

Each challenge will  be a different letter of the Alphabet.
It will always be Butterflies but with the addition
of an item/theme beginning with a chosen letter.
The twist is that my Guest Designers
will choose which letter goes next and I will supply the theme.
They will also be commenting on your entries. 

Please give a warm welcome to my next Guest Designer.


Kath
(a joint Winner of #24)





Kath has chosen the following letter for you.

#28 Butterfly/ies + M is for Music Notes..

You may interpret  this theme in any way you like
(ie. Music paper /stamp or Treble Clef Symbol etc)
 just so long as  I can see Music notes 
plus your butterfly's on your project.



When Mrs A invited me to be one of her Guest Designers on the Butterfly Challenge I was over the moon, so chose the letter ‘M’!  Mrs A says ‘M is for music notes’ and I have used the fabulous Indigoblu ‘Sheet Music’ stamp on my card.

I've always enjoyed crafting and started knitting and sewing clothes for my dolls when I was young.  Since then I've also done crewel and cross stitch embroidery, woodwork, flower arranging, cake decorating and sugarcraft, and tried a few other things along the way!

A few years ago my husband gave me a gift voucher for my birthday so I could attend a local cardmaking class – he always jokes that it’s been the most expensive birthday present he has ever given me!  I started my blog Handmade by Kath to get feedback on projects for my Certificate 
in Papercrafts and now use it for entering blog challenges.  My favourite style is CAS, although I enjoy trying different styles and techniques to get out of my comfort zone.


I’m looking forward to visiting everyone’s blogs to see how you have interpreted ‘M for music notes’.

Here is Kath's card for you.


I love the delicate shading on here
and how Kath has perfectly matched up the layer 
with the music notes over the top of the backing paper.

Please pop over to Kath's blog 
to see how this was achieved. 
I'm very intrigued myself.
I love that butterfly too which I do not have !

Thank you Kath  for being my Guest Designer
for #28.

Please take your Guest Designer badge
from the side bar.


Here is my  Inspiration card.




It is called an 6 Fold Card
and you can find all the details for it
over on my blog here.



The Winner may choose one item from the following prizes.


Hessian goody bag
containing either



(A)  Pink selection 



(B) Gold/Brown selection
or

$10 gift certificate from
Little Blue Button Stamps 
(they have digi stamps and paper)

Please be sure to read all the rules on the tab
above
and enter your creations in 
Mr Linky below.
Happy crafting .
See you soon.
ValeryAnne.

19 comments:

Kath said...

Thank you Mrs A for inviting me to be your guest designer! Your six fold card is a great idea. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's 'Music Notes' cards.
Kath x

Liz said...

I love your unusual fold Mrs A. Fabulous card! Congratulations to Kath as your Guest Designer this time. What a lovely card she's created for this challenge! A beautiful design, and so clever to get the papers perfectly lined up. xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Wonderful work both ladies, exceedingly inspiring thanks so much for sharing, Shaz in Oz.x

Di said...

Bet that shocked you Mrs A! I just had to rush in ASAP lest someone else thought to use the same stamp :)

Gorgeous work by you and Kath - and of course a great theme once again!

Hugs

Di xx

KT Fit Kitty said...

Congrats to Kath on your GD spot! Your card is beautiful! And Mrs. A's card is wonderful - what a unique design! Thanks for a fun challenge - will have to put on my thinking cap for this one! Hope I can come up with something and be back to play along!

Jane Willis said...

What gorgeous inspiration from you and Kath, Mrs. A! I thought I'd been quick off the mark - absolutely amazed to see that Di's beaten me to it!
Jane

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I think music notes and butterflies were meant to go together. Such a great combination! Cathy's card is quite elegant as is your fancy fold one!

Kimbo said...

What a great challenge and I love the inspiration cards. Hope to get in early this time, but then again! Hugs x

mamapez5 said...

I loved this challenge even if I did have some problems with my card. Great inspiration from Kath and yourself too. Can you please delete my link no 10 for me. I can´t do it myself. No 11 is the correct one. Thanks. Kate x

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
congrats to Kath on her Guest DT post.
Her card was a very lovely example.
Your creation is super, and also a great inspiration too.
I have just posted mine for this challenge.
Thank you for all your hard work involved in this wonderful challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Craftychris said...

Two gorgeous butterfly music cards! xxx

Pamellia said...

gorgeous cards Mrs A and Kath! Thanks for another wonderful challenge, It's been way too long since I used my music notes die! see you again soon. hugs :)

Sandy said...

Both the inspiration cards are beautiful, and your six-fold card technique is quite intriguing Mrs. A.

Jackie T said...

Hi all the inspiration cards are gorgeous. I really enjoyed getting inky making my card. Thank you for a great challenge. Hugs Jackie

Skylark said...

Thank you for a wonderful challenge, so happy to be playing for the first time. Stef x

Lynn said...

Love your six fold card, and hopping over to your other blog very soon! Kath's card is great. I love the stamp.
Lynn x

KandA said...

Fabulous 'music' cards from you and Kath. You nearly had me stumped this time but I managed to get here in the end xx

Dora B. said...

Thank you both, Mrs A and Kath, for a great challenge. Love both your cards. I am going to check out that 6-fold card shortly.

Rosie said...

A wonderful sample

Thank you for the challenge