Wednesday, January 28, 2015

#23 Butterflies + V is for Valentine.

Welcome back to my 
Butterfly challenge.

Each challenge will  be a different letter of the Alphabet.
It will always be Butterflies but with the addition
of an item/theme beginning with a chosen letter.
The twist is that my Guest Designers in future weeks
will choose which letter goes next and I will supply the theme.
They will also be commenting on your entries. 
I have chosen the letter V. 

#23 Butterfly/ies + V is for Valentine.


You may interpret in any way you like.
Just make sure you have butterfly/ies and a Valentine theme
(red, love, hearts etc) on your projects.
Above all have fun.

Please give a warm welcome to my next Guest Designer.


Liz Cavill
Winner of #20

I was very honoured to be asked to be a Butterfly Challenge Guest Designer for challenge #23.  I live in the West of England with my hubby, Alan.  We celebrated 40 years of marriage last September – where do the years go?!  I retired from teaching full time in a local Infant School nearly four years ago and now just work occasionally as a supply teacher. I still run an after school scrapbooking/card making club with a friend for six and seven year olds in the school where I used to teach. We started the club about ten years ago and we have as much fun as the children! Although I’ve always enjoyed trying new crafts, card making is what I enjoy most.  Many years ago, I visited a local craft fair where I saw a Lacé template being used to make cards.   From then on, I was hooked!  My favourite style is CAS and I particularly like to use embossing folders, stamps, dies and punches……….. although sometimes I make myself go out of my comfort zone and get really inky! I'm looking forward to seeing all your lovely creations for challenge #23.
Here is Liz's card.

Another card that blew me away
Look at all those butterflies!
You will find full details on Liz's blog here.

Thank you Liz for being my Guest Designer
for #23.

Please take your Guest designer badge
from the side bar.


Here is my inspiration for you.
A Magic Window card.
Full details on how it was made  can be found on my blog here.

The winner may choose one item
from the following prizes.
A Hessian goody bag 
containing
either


(A) gold/ brown selection



(B) white/silver selection.

or

$10.00 Stitchy Bear Digital Outlet Voucher.


Please be sure to read all the rules on the tab
above
and enter your creations in 
Mr Linky below.
Happy crafting .
See you soon.
ValeryAnne.

24 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww I love those butterflies in a heart shape!
And your gorgeous butterfly with pretty pink heart paper!
Lucy x

Unknown said...

Both those cards are so unique and very beautiful. I like the fold and secret window. Blessings Carole

Em Louise Fairley said...

Both gorgeous cards! I'll be getting my entry in later this week after missing the last challenge xxx

Sandra H said...

Your card Mrs A is gorgeous and another style to add to your many other creations and so beautiful is liz's card with all of these butterflies and the colour pink with the gorgeous centre dies used too x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ah wonderful work by the two clever ladies on DT.... Fab by work and layouts and prizes...
No efforts to enter chez moi this year must happen eventually,...very soooon!!!!
Shaz in Oz.x

Granmargaret said...

Thank you for the challenge. Both lovely cards. I have added my card. It has a rhinestone butterfly

Kimbo said...

Two lovely cards to inspire but both so different. Off to have a think about this one x

Sherry said...

I've just added my link.
Wonderful inspiration, love the card by Liz - and all the others too xx

Liz said...

Thanks, Mrs A, for inviting me to be Guest Designer for Challenge #23. There are some lovely entries for this challenge already. I love your card and have have just seen the amazing inside of your card on your blog. I've never seen this type of card before, but it's certainly one I'll have a go at making. xx

Unknown said...

Hallo Ihr Lieben,
ich würde gern an Eurer aktuellen Challenge teilnehmen, kann aber nicht linken. Mein Betrag wäre:
http://reginabastelt.blogspot.com/2015/01/geldgeschenk-fur-alle-falle-und-karte.html
Irgendwie funktioniert das nicht bei mir.
LG Regina

Darnell said...

Stunning cards from you both! Congratulations to Liz for the Guest Design spot! I'm playing just for fun and because what could be better than a Valentine? A Valentine with a butterfly on it!! Have a great day, Mrs. A. and thank you! Hugs, Darnell

Jean said...

Two beautiful inspiration cards, I love the clever opening mechanism inside yours.
I have just added my link, I missed the last challenge, the weeks fly by so fast.
Jean x

Pat said...

Two beautiful cards and congratulations to Liz for her GD spot. I love the mechanism on yours Mrs. A and the pretty hearts bp, and Liz's mass of pretty red butterflies. x

Di said...

Lovely cards from you and Liz Mrs A!

I made my entry a couple of weeks ago but couldn't publish/link until my new DT post of today :-)

I prefer Liz's version!

Hugs

Di xx

KandA said...

Hi Mrs A, gorgous cards from you and Liz xx

KT Fit Kitty said...

Fun challenge theme! I love the cards made by you and Liz! Wonderful prize too!

JD/ Jill said...

Great cards posted for inspiration! So nicely done.
I think this is the first time I have entered this challenge...fun challenge...

Congrats to Liz on the GD spot.

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
so lovely to see Liz as your gust designer, and her card is very beautiful too.
Your designs are fab as always.
I haven't made a gate fold card in ages.
Just manged to get mine done in time again. lol.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

SarahGeorge said...

Hi I like this challenge blog :). All the DT cards are so gorgeous and I've participated for the first time.
Thanks
Sarah

Karen Petitt said...

Two stunning inspirations and thank you for another great challenge Karen xx

Veerle said...

Gorgeous inspiration cards. Just uploaded my card and loved playing here again. Have a nice weekend, greetings, Veerle x

Jackie T said...

Hi all the cards for inspiration are gorgeous. I have just entered. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. Hugs Jackie

MaryH said...

Loving your lovely pink Sweetheart card with the intricate shapes. Will be checking out your link for the instructions. Love all that embossing too. Great pick for your GD - as Miss Liz has such skills with cards. Love the one she has shared for this post...delightful flight of red butterflies on these pretty scallop circles and that Valentine print paper. Off to enjoy some of the other entries. TFS & Hugs. And Happy Valentine's Day!

cm said...

Mrs. A!! I've been so remiss in playing and visiting your butterfly challenge (my dad passed away recent), but I'm hoping to remedy that! Today is a start with my little number I just posted! Your cards, as always...swoon-inducing!
Hugs~c